Visit the Florida Air Museum, located on the Sun 'n Fun campus in Lakeland, Florida. Learn about Florida's contributions to the field of air and space through fourteen (14) exhibits ... More info ›
Visit the Florida Air Museum, located on the Sun 'n Fun campus in Lakeland, Florida. Learn about Florida's contributions to the field of air and space through fourteen (14) exhibits. See a replica of Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose or take flight in one of few simulators. For a more interactive experience, choose to take a guided tour. Spend an hour or the whole day, there is so much to see and do at the Florida Air Museum!
Did you know that the Florida Air Museum is the official aviation and aerospace education center of the state of Florida? Your admission ticket includes access to different interactive learning stations and many exhibits. STEM based stations allow you to interact and participate in real world environments. Other unique areas of interest are the Howard Hughes Archives, Air Racing Simulators, Florida Aviation Hall of Fame, Innovations in Propulsion Exhibit, Pilot Briefing Stations and over 20 historical aircraft on display.
You may also choose to take a complimentary guided tour. Your guide will bring you to each exhibit and provide engaging commentary and extra tidbits of information. Tours are approximately 1- to 1.5-hours in duration.
Some exhibits and experiences at the museum include:
- Airports in Florida: Fun fact, Florida is home to some of the most unique airports in the world. Learn why Cape Canaveral is located on the East Coast, find out whether John Travolta have an airport in his backyard and where the Blue Angels call home.
- Aerospace Timeline: Learn how Florida contributed to the Aerospace community.
- Military in Florida: With a a rich military history, this state has representation from all five branches
- Florida Aviation Hall of Fame: "Meet" the inductees and learn about how they made their mark on Aerospace, not only in Florida but worldwide!
- Howard Hughes Exhibit: With more than 180 crates of memorabilia at the museum, you'll see leather flying suits, racing trophies, books, manuals, maps, scrapbooks and a 14-foot model of the Spruce Goose!
- One Tank Trips: Learn the history of aeronautical navigation and exactly where you can go on one in an airplane.
- Pioneers of Aviation: This simulator experience will let you know what it was like to take the first flight at Kitty Hawk or fly across the Atlantic in the Lindbergh. You'll also learn about Florida legend, Pete Sones.
- Air Racing and Aerobatics: This simulator experience will let you experience the thrill of an air race!